Monday, October 7, 2013

Back to Provo!


SO here's a fun story. Guess whos going back to Provo? This guy!!!!

Got an email from the Australian Visa place saying that they need for me to go through some additional physical exams because I've lived outside of the country...and luckily for me, the closest Australian approved doctor to us is at the BYU health clinic. So on monday, the 29th? im flying back down to SLC with my zone leader to go to my doctors appointment. Looks like I'm not leaving Idaho anyyytime soon. Pretty frustrating...especially because my chinese is getting bu hao.

Meridian is good though. Still in a three-some which is nice. They are planning on building a temple. If you look at the plans for the temple it looks like they are making a mosque. Really weird looking temple. My companion is the District Leader so he has permission to be anywhere in the zone at all times. So we go over to Costa Vida a lot because we haven't had to pay for our meal there yet. Super awesome.

So funny story about my bike. I was riding this little purple girls bike. And we were riding to an appointment and a bunch of teenagers were in the road and as we passed by they were making fun of my bike. So once we got out of view from them, me in my prideful state, started trying to do tricks on my bike. And right when I was coming down, my front wheel fell off and completely bent, which then led me to flying over the handlebars and crashing pretty hard. Im fine though. Just cut my elbow. Probably a sign that i shouldnt be doing that kind of stuff. But i dont think ill ever learn. My companions both crashed their bikes as well this week. One of them totally ripped his pants when he crashed. But luckily for me, one of the ward mission leaders has been offering me his bike anyway because he was embarrased for me. So im riding that one now, and its a lot nicer.

There are SO MANY HALLS here. Its ridiculous. This last week, due to a mixup with the wards we didnt have any dinner with families. So that's why weve been going to Fuddruckers and Costa Vida so much.
Theres a lot of weird stuff with the people that we teach. Its not like we teach any normal people that have never heard of the Gospel. A lot of them and less active members or people that have withdrawn their names from church records. Also a lot of divorced families that have gotten remarried. Its so weird. We always show up to houses knowing that its a less active family, but we have no clue who's active and who's not active. People here are so nice though, so I dont mind staying here. People from the MTC are starting to get their visas already. Hopefully after my doctors appointment it wont take much longer.

Oh and were speaking in church next week. All the speakers fell through so they went straight to us! Greeeattt.
 
Have fun in Bali!
 
Love,
Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment