Monday, October 7, 2013

Still at the MTC!





Elder Hall and his friend Nick

Elder Hall and his friend Emily
Congrats on the Marathon! I bet it was really tough. So where are you staying right now? Only two Chinese missionaries going to Australia got their visas in time. There's 7 of us that are visa-less and stuck at the MTC for a little while longer. I should be going to the airport right now! Sad but its alright. I was really looking forward to the Panda Express at LAX though. My visa could come anyday. And when it does come, I should be leaving the next day. But if it doesn't come this week, my name will be put in for reassignment. So if i do get reassigned I would leave 2 weeks from tomorrow. REALLY hoping that it doesn't come down to that. Its just sad because like half of my friends here have left. Its so different being at the MTC without having the people I've spent the last 9 weeks with. Didnt realize how close we would all become. 

So three people in my district are on their way to Hong Kong Chinese speaking. They left at 3:30 this morning, so they are taking the same flight we always take back to Hong Kong through LAX with that long layover. You'll have to look out for them in Hong Kong. I told them I wanted them to send me a picture of them and you. There names are Elder Sheffield, Elder Beavens, and Sister Garlitz. Literally spent all day for the last 9 weeks with them. I also had to friends leave this morning to New Zeland chinese speaking, we were supposed to be on their flight. Not sure what we do for class the next few days, because all of our teachers are on vacation now because we're supposed to be gone. Two sisters in my district got reassigned to Georgia and Indiana. So when they do reassignments they clearly dont pay attention to the language you speak. All the Brazilian missionaries are getting reassigned as well. So many visa issues everywhere! 

Love the shoulder bag! Its so nice. Also really like the sweater. It'll be nice for when its cold. Its not too bad here though. I still have a lot of friends in my district who didnt get their visa yet. A couple of them are going to Brisbane and a couple to Melbourne. Hopefully I'll be able to really improve my Chinese this week. If i get my visa I'll get on my email and send to a quick email with my flight plans so that way youll know when i call. 

Love,
Elder Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment